Skip to main content

Why I have a blog. Hint: It's not really for you.


I don’t really expect anyone to ever truly read my blog.   I don’t really publish many postings out there to sites where people would come to visit me here.   I am not famous or even highly interesting most days of my life.   I am not wise or smart.   My English and grammar are to be desired.   I know that I believe way too much in Capitalization, Commas and - Hyphens.   Honestly I don’t have anything really interesting to say most days. 

I am just a girl struggling as much as the next person trying to figure out this crazy thing we call - life.  Every now and then, I have a thought that I just can’t keep hidden inside anymore.  We all got something to say every now and again, right?  So every now and again, I blog.

I won’t lie, I have many unpublished postings.   I may have thought one day a posting would bring new meaning to my simple decent life, but they have become just another unfinished post or even just a title. 

  Some of those include:
  •    Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I am angry...
  •   What's in your tool box?
  •  Humbly His Part, 1, 2 and 3   
  •   Hard Working Women
  •  Previous Life (Part 1 and Part 2)
  •  Who's in Charge here...

Come to think of it the truth is, most of my life is unpublished.   I bet almost everyone has a most of their life unpublished (excluding narcissists of course.)  I would say most people could care less if anyone really got a glimpse of what they are thinking or feeling.  As I do - most of the time.  

I have recently indicated, if you read my blog, that my heart is protected by a fortress.   I could joke that I have a tendency of walking on the mines I’d laid. 
You may get that, you may not?   But what I have learned: we all live in similar 'prisons.'  We all have 'secrets' or even insight we keep all buried up inside.   
Having a blog has made me realize, I don’t have to stay inside my fortress all the time.   It gives me permission to get out of my comfort zone.   Be vulnerable.   Open up the curtains for just a moment to let the big bad world see inside.   I don’t want to leave a life where my loved ones will have to clear out all the ‘clutter’ when I am long gone.   

I often struggle with not wanting people to know who I really am – who I am most days.  Which honestly is a mess and highly non-entertaining.   I am happy, healthy and by God’s grace- loved!  Loved by many people, who do care about what I have to say even if they do or do not read my blog.   

I blog to remind myself that God is actively in my life- fighting to show me what it means to live and love.  To remind myself that being published isn’t always a scary thing.  To not be afraid of ‘being out there’ in the world.   We will always have challenges – I try to write about them as I face them.  Sometimes it’s easier than others.  Sometimes God fills me with the wisdom to discern them.   Maybe I blog to remind myself over and over again the things I keep learning and yet keep forgetting.  You may find them unimportant to you and that doesn't hurt my feelings.  

But when I am aimlessly wondering the desert time and again- wondering what it is I really need in life or need to be doing or thinking or feeling.   When it’s all said and done and I figure out my own nonsense – I am free, grateful, and I try at times to blog about it.  Hence, I blog and it's not really for you at all.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you afraid of?

It's Friday the 13th a day in which urban legends come out and people become a little bit superstitious or a little more frightful.    I remember in the late 90s - early 2000s playing Friday the 13th on the Sega Genesis....  All was fine in the day light as you walked around the campground and sometimes you had to get in the boat to go across the lake to the other side.  Life was good... The children were safe.  Then it started to get dark... your Children numbers started dropping, and you had to go find what was taking the children and you knew what was taking them.  You now had to search each of the cabins and in the darkeness even though you expected it at every turn Boom there was JASON and you just said holy S#@T  and screamed a bit in terror.   You took your little rock and threw it at Jason and did your best to dodge the knife as he slashed at you.   Sometimes you defeated him, Sometimes he killed you.  Someti...

Are You Growing Your People Like a Gardener?

Lately at work, I've been feeling like that dead office plant. You know the one sitting in the corner, all wilted, dried up, and barely hanging on. It's surprisingly easy to feel malnourished and deflated. For a plant, it's a lack of water and sunshine. For people, it's often a lack of encouragement, support, and motivation. I love buying plants. I love when they're full, green, and thriving. The problem is, I'm not always great at keeping them that way. Recently, I came across a checklist for growing healthy plants: Know your plants. Make sure the containers or pots are big enough. Provide the right amount of sunshine. Water them only as often as needed. Fertilize them. Check on them regularly. Keep pests away. As I was reading the list, I realized how much of it applies to being a manager. Know your employees. Make sure they're in positions where they can grow and flourish. Encourage and motivate them. Provide constructive feedback. Pay them fairly. Che...

She's not 39... Anymore...

Over 20 years ago when I was in high school, my youth group leader Bonnie was turning 40. Jim (her husband) and I rewrote the lyrics to I can't cry anymore by Sheryl Crow and sang "She's not 39 anymore..." Funny how I somewhat forgot about that and now... Soon I'll be singing that myself. I don't quiet recall at the age of 16 where I wanted to be when I turned forty but I'm pretty sure I wanted to be much like Bonnie. She was a pretty epic person and considering I didn't deserve her love she gave it so freely. I've been reflecting alot on the person I was then and the person I am today. I'm amazed where and how I traveled and the journey in which God lead me. I often wondering, where did the days and years go? I'm not sure I really recall what my 16 year old self would be at   at my  16 year would be at age 40. l daughter look a lot at my daughter and an reminded of the youthfulness and sence of adventure.  Turin...